Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Take your Mom to Work Day

Today I took my mom with me to work. Yes, you read that right.

It worked out because I nanny and my mom has this thing about snuggling little babies and I really like to sit and let her do all the work hang out with my mom and little babies at the same time. The schedule for the day looked something like this:
  • Snuggle time.
  • Sitting and rocking on the porch swing.
  • Make the baby smile, practice our coo-ing and giggling.
  • Snuggle time.
  • Watch Jurassic Park and snuggle.
  • Nap for 45 minutes.
  • Snuggle time.
  • SuperCareo knitting time/SuperMama uses some mom-type magic to make the screaming baby fall back asleep.
  • Shopping time (even though Mom didn't get me anything ... what a rip-off).

All in all, a good day indeed. I particularly liked the part when the screaming baby was being dealt with my someone other than myself. Plus I got some knitting done on my sweater which only has the one sleeve left until I seam it all together and then knit the collar.

Yes, I knit. I'll own it. Even if Hilda insists that I also need to acquire 20 cats and grow some gray hairs to go with it. Knitting isn't lame people. Just go click that link and then tell me that I'm knitting things that you would hide in your closet. I AM NOT A GRANDMA.

Ahem. Sorry about that. I just needed to get that out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knitting is definitely not lame! I wish I could do it. Sweaters for everyone...

Full of Heart said...

Oh my gosh, that sweater pattern is SO SERIOUSLY AWESOME.
How much would I have to guilt you to let me borrow it when you're done!?!?!?!?
Are you on Ravelry? Because you should be, all the cool knitters are. My SN is the same there, fullofheart.
Um, I need to go knit now. And duh, knitting is for cool people, not just scary cat ladys.