Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

An Award/Meme! It's so terribly exciting!

Even after taking a month off from blogging, and having most of my posts since then been about Armini being in China, you people are still reading! And please don't think for a minute that I don't appreciate the fact that you're reading. It's really, really nice to hear people who don't know me at all outside of this blog tell me that I'm not crazy for feeling the way that I do right now. Or ever. Or something like that. It sounded better in my head, anyway.

Anyway, Full of Heart tagged me with my first ever blog meme/award thing. So, hurray for memes! And awards! And being tagged!



1) Who is the hottest Movie Star? Yes, you may think I'm a little weird for saying this but ... it's Peter O'Toole. Yes, he is old now but go watch Lawrence of Arabia and tell me that you don't think he's a good looking dude. And Carey Grant. And Brad Pitt (if we're being honest here).

2) Apart from your house and car, what is the most expensive item you have ever bought? The girl that I roomed with during my junior year at KU had her computer stolen at the first (and also last) party I ever threw, even though I had offered to put it in the trunk of my car for safe keeping because she had been worried about it. I was so upset that I offered to buy her a new one. We found a model she liked and I thought it would end up being around $500. Turns out she upgraded it so much that it cost three times that much. Plus, Dell charged a 33% interest on it when I had to finance it. Needless to say, we don't talk anymore.

3) What is your most treasured memory? This is so hard for me to answer that I have, literally, been thinking about it since yesterday and I still can't really come up with anything that I would consider the most treasured. But for the sake of putting something here I will say this:
  • The first time that Tim wagged his tail at me.
  • That time on our way to Vegas when I was in the car with the boys and Delay made me laugh so hard that I almost drove off the road.
  • The time in Texas, sitting on a boat with Armini and some friends (and a not-friend) thinking about how I was having the best and worst week of my life all at the same time.
  • Laying in bed on the phone with Armini when he told me, a little over three years ago, that he couldn't get me off his mind and he wanted to try and get back together. That was a good night.
4) What was the best gift you ever received as a child? This is also a tough one. I can tell you want it wasn't. It wasn't the Barbie Power Weels Corvette I still ask for every Christmas. Or the My Size Barbie that I'm still waiting for. But I would have to say that the best gift I ever got would be Clover, my Cabbage Patch doll. I didn't get her until I was 5 and the Cabbage Patch Kid craziness had died down. She's dirty and old and I love her just as much as I did when I was a kid. She is very good at keeping the monsters under the bed where they belong.

5) What is the biggest mistake you have ever made? I don't think I have a biggest mistake, per se. I do wish that I had done some things in my life differently though.

6) 4 words to describe yourself: messy, lazy (sometimes), hopeful, and easily amused

7) What was your highlight or low-light 2008? Moving home. Definitely moving home.

8) Favorite Film? This is a hard one. I love lots of movies. I would have to say that all time it would have to be Fern Gully. I can still watch it 6 times in a row without getting bored.

9) Tell me one thing I don't know about you: I am lazy, and I tend to sound sort of whiny, but really I am quite motivated. It just comes out at odd times. And also I give into peer pressure like that. Which may be good information to have in case we ever get to hang out in real life.

10) If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be? Ariel from Little Mermaid. I have always always always wanted to be able to turn into a mermaid.

Now for the tagging part ... let's see ...
... And of course you if you are feeling so inclined. I know this is such a passive aggressive thing to do but honestly, I don't know very many people out in the blogosphere and I hate tagging people who don't know/read this little blog-o-mine. It makes me feel silly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww! thanks!