Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hickey Hickey Hickey

I have a hickey on my neck. And it's not on the side either, where I might be able to brush my hair over it to help the foundation that is barely hiding it from the whole world. It's on the very front of my neck ... right next to my voice box. UGH. And yesterday, the day after I was given this glorious gift thanks to Boyfriend, we were at Boyfriend's house where Boyfriend's mom totally saw it. And when I went upstairs to take a much needed nap, she totally gave Boyfriend tips on how to make it go away which turned into him attacking my neck with a toothbrush trying to make it go away.

And if you were wondering ... it didn't work.

I got rid of all my turtlenecks the last time I did a wardrobe raid and my pretty scarfs are still packed away in storage which means that I have no way to cover it up without being completely obvious about it. SIGH. So here I sit, in my cube, so grateful that my boss is out of town so that I don't have to talk to him at all until this thing disappears, and hoping that I piled enough foundation on my neck that no one will notice. I blush every time I look in the mirror.

But I like to think that I have it pretty well off considering Boyfriend's history of giving girls hickeys. His family goes to Minnesota every year over the 4th of July. Boyfriend once took a high school girlfriend with him and somehow managed to give her a giant hickey on her neck, (even though I'm not sure how they got that much time alone to have such a great make out session, all the adults kept a close watch on us and we are in our 20's) for which she will be forever referred to as "hickey Jenny" by his family.

The moral of the story is ... well, to tell you the truth I don't know what kind of moral can be taken from this. Really, I just wanted to bitch about having to go to work with a hickey front and center on my neck.

No comments: