Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's Beginning to Look Like I'm Losing it!

Have I ever told you about how I feel sort of like I've suddenly come down with a huge, raging case of Teh Craziness? No? Well then.

I have a huge, raging case of Teh Craziness. Which, I suppose you could also call a quarter-life crisis, however, since everyone and their monkey in the 20-something set seems to be having one of these too, I don't want to call it that. Why? Because I'm stubborn I want to be different (also, I don't have a monkey ... yet).

Lately Teh Craziness has taken on a new and interesting shape (because, you know, it has Wonder Twin powers). It has chosen the form of ... me being really, really excited for Christmas to get here. I'll just let you sit with that for a moment.

Yes, it is June. Yup, December is still about 6 months away. Yes ... today I considered putting up some Christmas lights. I also spent a little time thinking about my list of people to buy for and what I think I might make/buy for everyone. I almost feel like a drug addict.

Ahem. Hello, my name is Super Careo and I am addicted to Christmas.

But really, I am not addicted to it. I mean, I love to give presents and Christmas time is my favorite "time" of the year. Seriously, what's not to like? But I am not a fan of winter at all. It turns normally good drivers into complete morons. And it's miserably, depressingly, arcticly cold. I do not do well in cold.

So today, as I was having these odd thoughts about Christmas shopping and light stringing, I stopped to think about why I was wishing for Christmas (I'm trying to get rid of all things that are following me around, like my Sad Little Ghost).

I ultimately decided that I am eager for December to arrive for a few reasons:
  1. Christmas (DUH).
  2. I get to skip all the time that would be spent in the office and all work related things
  3. My trip to China to visit Armini looks like it's going to be happening in January, so skipping ahead to December means I don't have to wait for my trip AND all the money I need to travel will magically be in my savings account and ready to go! ... Right?
I think what it boils down too is that I know that next few months are going to BLOW make me cry a lot be lonely be challenging. Even though I'm sure that these coming months will probably also prove to be chock full of defining moments for me [and blah blah, insert inspirational bull here], I think I would rather just skip it all thankyouverymuch.

Unfortunately time travel hasn't really been invented yet, so I think I'm screwed big time stuck. I'm not looking forward to it (except for the part about Christmas - obviously).

And just so you know, plans are being made. Ideas being drafted. Momentum is building. Towards what you ask? Well ... it's one part I don't know yet with a pinch of I can't tell you.

(But mostly, it's because I don't know yet)

(Whatever it is though, I bet it's going to be awesome)



(Aaaaaand, you're welcome)

No comments: