Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Gone 'Round the Bend

Two things:
1.  I'm sick again.  (This should come as no surprise to anyone who has ever known me in real life).

2.  I have gone round the bend.  No joke.  And I have the photos to prove it:


It finally happened.  About 6 months after Stephanie started her sock yarn blanket (rav link) I start mine.  That Stephanie is a bad influence.  Everything she does I end up doing.  But, I guess if I'm going to get peer pressured into doing something I guess it's better to knit socks than do something stupid like get hooked on heroin.

So.  This blanket is not heroin.  So why do I think this is an insane thing?

Because these squares are about 7 centimeters across (just shy of 3 inches) and I want to make a blanket that will cover a big person.  So, if the short end of my blanket is as wide as a twin bed (which is about 99 centimeters) that means that I have to knit 14 of these bad boys.

I know that you're thinking that 14 doesn't sound like a lot of squares.  But let us also consider that a twin bed is 190 centimeters long which means that on top of those first 14 squares, I have to add another 27.  And then I have to fill the whole thing in for a grand total of 378 squares 756 squares.  If it takes me an average of 30 minutes to knit a square (while watching a Downton Abbey, of course) that means that I will be spending approximately 189 hours 378 hours of my life knitting this blanket.

That, my friends, is a lot of knitting.

So, let's recap:
1. Sickness = so not news.
2. Blanket = insane.
3. Super Awesome .GIF = made at makeagif.com
4. Caroline = good at math today (woo!).

1 comment:

Cheese Seeker said...

You're cute. Also, THANK YOU for that gif link! I always wondered how folks made those thingies.....